Field Superintendent Job Description
The Field Superintendent manages and oversees the day-to-day operations at the construction site for all projects he or she are assigned to.
Summary of Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this job is to provide direction, in addition to coordinating the activities of all insured sub-contractors involved in the project making sure their operations can take place without hindrance and disruption. The Field Superintendent is the only company manager that provides direct supervision over all insured sub-contractors. The construction superintendent reports directly to the Project Manager, who works primarily from the main office. Any decisions regarding sub-contractor scheduling and material coordination onsite are made by Field Superintendent in conjunction with the Project Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that work on job site remains on schedule, and on budget.
- Certifies that all materials and equipment are on site when they are needed.
- Able to read and navigate through construction drawings, details and specifications.
- Handles Subcontractor issues on the job site in a professional manner.
- Works with Subcontractors’ field management for onsite activities and issues.
- Conducts and schedules all necessary inspections with all required disciplines.
- Schedule and conduct regular weekly safety meetings with sub-contractors and employees.
- Conducts weekly sub-contractor meetings to review scheduling and job progress.
- Provides Project Management with daily reports, safety reports, and daily photos.
- Ensures all job site workers are following all Company Safety Guidelines and OSHA Safety Requirements.
- Supervise all phases of construction throughout project from start to finish.
- Maintain a high level of QC throughout the project and manage punch list for completion.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance and communicates with the customers in a professional manner and a positive attitude.
- Communicates any issues to the Project Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Director of Construction.
- Attend all weekly Jobsite and/or Owner’s Meetings with client and customer as needed.
- Must personify our core values- Unity/Pride/Reliability/Integrity/Drive/Excellence.
- When presented with a challenge remains positive and respectful.
- Works well with all personnel and with small and/or large team.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Remains in constant communication with job site subcontractors and workers.
- Communicates with the Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and Director when necessary.
- Proactive in making sure all tasks are being accomplished with on-site team and subcontractors.
- Flexible in scheduling and willingness, to work where needed (locally or out of area) on job projects.
- Able to work after hours and night shifts for our open store and site conditions.
- A natural desire to seek out continuous improvement in their work with respect to the project and the crew.
- Remains organized with the ability to multi-task and be able to set priorities.
- A complete understanding of all types of construction means & methods, scheduling, all sub trades, reading blueprints, and computer technology in relation to the Construction Industry.
Skills and Education
- 5+ years of related construction experience managing projects.
- Preferred college degree, trade school or equivalent.
- Mandatory trade or skill set of one or more of the construction trades.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Construction: +10 years
Click HERE To Apply