Summary of Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this job is to provide direction, in addition to coordinating the activities of all insured sub-contractors involved in the project making sure their operations can take place without hindrance and disruption. The Field Superintendent is the only company manager that provides direct supervision over all insured sub-contractors. The construction superintendent reports directly to the Project Manager, who works primarily from the main office. Any decisions regarding sub-contractor scheduling and material coordination onsite are made by Field Superintendent in conjunction with the Project Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that work on job site remains on schedule, and on budget.
- Certifies that all materials and equipment are on site when they are needed.
- Handles Subcontractor issues on the job site.
- Works with Subcontractors’ field management for onsite activities and issues.
- Orchestrates weekly regular safety meetings with all sub-contractors.
- Conducts weekly sub-contractor meetings to review scheduling and job progress.
- Provides Project Management with daily reports, safety reports, and daily photos.
- Ensures all job site workers are following all Company Safety Guidelines and OSHA Safety Requirements.
- Supervise the installation of foundations, steel erection, ground and roof mount systems, electrical Balance of System.
- Maintain a high level of QA/QC throughout the project.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance and communicates with the customers in a professional manner and a positive attitude.
- Communicates any issues to the Project Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Director of Operations.
- Attend all weekly Owner’s Meetings
- Must personify our core values- Unity/Pride/Reliability/Integrity/Drive/Excellence
- Has at least 4 years of commercial solar experience.
- Understands the permitting, and interconnection process.
- Has worked with HECO/MECO/KIUC and other major utilities.
- Has constructed the following system types of PV systems: Ground mounts, roof mounts, carports.
- When presented with a challenge remains positive and respectful.
- Works well with a small or large team.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Remains in constant communication with job site subcontractors, and workers.
- Communicates with the Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and Director when necessary.
- Proactive in making sure all tasks are being accomplished with on-site team and subcontractors.
- Flexible in scheduling and willingness, to work where needed (locally or out of area) on job projects.
- A natural desire to seek out continuous improvement in their work with respect to the project and the crew.
- Remains organized with the ability to multi-task and be able to set priorities.
- A complete understanding of all types of construction means & methods, scheduling, all sub trades, reading blueprints, and computer technology in relation to the Construction Industry.
Skills and Education
- 5+ years of related construction experience managing projects
- Concentration in Solar construction
- 4-year degree or trade equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Construction: +5 years
- Commercial Solar: +4 years
Click HERE to Apply